Sunday, June 7, 2009

Does living without internet count as culture shock?

It's been forever since I've updated. I keep forgetting to bring my usb hookup for my camera when I go to my uncles house to get internet. It's weird not getting wifi in my room.

So, what's new with me? I'm getting a tan!! :) but, in Taiwan, tans aren't so good. Girls like to have pale skin. It's kinda funny watching a person trying to ride a bike while holding an umbrella or a boyfriend helping cover his girlfriend's face with a purse to keep her from tanning. simple things entertian me.
I went to an english speaking church today. I'm thinking that I'm turning into my dad... I had a page of notes about what I didn't like about the church. I almost left when they passed around the offering plate twice. And the women praying and woman deacons didn't help much either. I guess I'll find another church to try out. I hope I can find one that has the Lord's supper every Sunday. God willing, I'll find a church soon. I kinda prefer my grandma's church even though they speak a language that I don't understand.
My first day of classes was on Thurday. I have 9 people in my class. 1 american, 1 australian, 1 mexican, 3 korean, and 2 japanese. It's an interesting mix, but good 'cause the only language everyone can communcate in is chinese. The material is kinda a review though, but there are some words from the previous book that I've never heard and grammer I haven't learned. It's kinda hard switching from curriculms.
Um...can't think of anything else to say. Hopefully I'm remember my usb and post pics up. I have tons.

0 comments: